Licencing and Compliance
Both the Kooragang and Carrington Terminals operate under Environmental Protection Licences (EPL) which are issued and regulated by the NSW Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Licences outline the expectations placed on Port Waratah in order to minimise our impact on the environment and the community. Port Waratah also operates under a number of development consent conditions issued by the NSW Department of Planning. Documents, monitoring and reporting results in regards to these licences and conditions can be found below.
Environment Protection Licences
Access the Environment Protection Licences for our sites.
Read the latest Environmental Assessments for the Kooragang Terminal.
- KCT Major Project Application - Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Environmental Assessment - Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Response to Submissions Part A- Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Response to Submissions Part B- Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Stage 4 Environmental Assessment - Fourth Dump Station and Shiploader
- KCT Stage 4 Response to Submissions- Fourth Dump Station and Shiploader
- KCT Environmental Assessment - Proposed Fourth Rail Loop Realignment
- KCT Letter to request to modify approval (2012) - Update of Schedule of Lands
- KCT Letter to request to modify approval 2 (2012)
- KCT 120mtpa Modified Approval - including modifications 1,2,3
Each year Port Waratah produces a range of reports to demonstrate our environmental and sustainability performance. To find out more click on the specific reports below:
Sustainable Development Reports
- Sustainable Development Report 2018
- Sustainable Development Report 2017
- Sustainable Development Report 2016
GRI Content Index
Kooragang Combined Annual Compliance Report
Kooragang Combined Compliance Audit
- Port Waratah Kooragang Combined Compliance Audit - Action Plan 2018
- Port Waratah Kooragang Combined Compliance Audit 2018
Policies & Management Plans
To help implement our Environmental Management System, we have a range of policies and management plans to guide us in our work.
Operational Plans and Policies
- Port Waratah Coal Services Environmental Policy
- KCT Environmental Management Plan
- Port Waratah Green House Gas Policy
- KCT Operation Environmental Management Plan
- KCT Operation Air Quality Management Plan
- KCT Operation Water Management Plan
- KCT Operation Noise Management Plan
- KCT Spontaneous Combustion Management Protocol
Environmental Monitoring Data
Download the latest detailed environmental monitoring results including air quality, noise and ground water.