Port Waratah is proud of our Community Investment and Partnership Programme which delivers $750,000 to the local community each year.
Port Waratah's Community Investment and Partnership Programme aims to create shared value for our stakeholders and have a positive impact by working in partnership to make Newcastle a smart, liveable and sustainable city.
We are looking to support a range of different initiatives and programmes which:
- Deliver value back to the Newcastle community – particularly portside suburbs
- Address a specific need or opportunity within the community to contribute to the overall sustainability of the region
- Deliver benefit to many people (not just individuals)
- Build capacity, skills and/or knowledge with individual and organisations
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the priority areas of the Community Investment and Partnership Programme?
Port Waratah's Community Investment and Partnership Program prioritises programmes, initiatives, or projects which are concerned with:
- General Community
What is the assessment criteria?
Potential Partnerships are assessed based on whether the proposed programme, initiative or project:
- Aligns with Port Waratah's values
- Demonstrates sound governance and organisation capacity
- Addresses areas of need or disadvantage
- Demonstrates benefits to the Newcastle local government area with a focus on portside communities
- Offers an opportunity for employee engagement and recognises the contribution made by our employees in the community
- Is willing to develop strong relationships and further partnerships
- Realises opportunities to contribute to a sustainable and vibrant Newcastle
What types of programmes, initiatives and projects are ineligible for consideration?
Exclusions to the Community Investment and Partnership Programme include:
- Individuals, including students
- Activities viewed as the responsibility of government
- Programmes with a political or religious purpose
- Organisations established for private gain or benefit
- Overseas appeals or projects
- Travel, study or conferences
- Sporting clubs/teams without clear secondary benefit aligned with Port Waratah's priority areas and objectives
- Programmes or activities based outside the Newcastle LGA
- Activities/projects that will have ongoing reliance on Port Waratah support for survival
How to apply
Find out how to apply for funding and download the application forms by going to our application page.
How do I apply for funding?
Find out how to apply for funding or download the application forms.
Hear how we care about the local community - because it's our community too.