Licencing and Compliance
Port Waratah is regulated through a range of development consent and licencing conditions with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment and the EPA. Documents, monitoring and reporting results in regards to these conditions can be found below.
Environment Protection Licences
Access the Environment Protection Licences for our sites.
Read the latest Environmental Assessments for the Kooragang Terminal.
- KCT Major Project Application - Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Environmental Assessment - Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Response to Submissions Part A- Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Response to Submissions Part B- Proposed Increase to Throughput Capacity (120mtpa)
- KCT Stage 4 Environmental Assessment - Fourth Dump Station and Shiploader
- KCT Stage 4 Response to Submissions- Fourth Dump Station and Shiploader
- KCT Environmental Assessment - Proposed Fourth Rail Loop Realignment
- KCT Letter to request to modify approval (2012) - Update of Schedule of Lands
- KCT Letter to request to modify approval 2 (2012)
- KCT 120mtpa Modified Approval - including modifications 1,2,3
Each year Port Waratah produces a range of reports to demonstrate our environmental and sustainability performance. To find out more click on the specific reports below:
Sustainable Development Reports
- Sustainable Development Report 2016
- Sustainable Development Report 2015
- Sustainable Development Report 2014
- Sustainable Development Report 2013
- Sustainable Development Report 2012
GRI Content Index
Port Waratah Kooragang Combined Compliance Report
- Port Waratah Kooragang Combined Compliance Report 2016
- Port Waratah Kooragang Combined Compliance Report 2015
- Port Waratah Kooragang Combined Compliance Report 2014
Policies & Management Plans
To help implement our Environmental Management System, we have a range of policies and management plans to guide us in our work.
Operational Plans and Policies
- Port Waratah Coal Services Environmental Policy
- KCT Environmental Management Plan
- Port Waratah Green House Gas Policy
- Port Waratah Public Pollution and Incident Response Management Plan
Environmental Monitoring Data
Download the latest detailed environmental monitoring results including air quality, noise and ground water.