With the majority of our workforce living locally, we are passionate about positively contributing to Newcastle and the Hunter.
We aim to build genuine, reliable relationships with our community based on respect and to create create community partnerships which address areas of need. By helping support the community we can generate positive social impacts.
Port Waratah’s social contribution involves offering local employment and development opportunities, procuring goods and services from local business, providing funding for community groups and charities and minimising our impacts on the environment.
Providing a variety methods of engagement between Port Waratah and the community is important so that we understand the issues and opportunities out in the community in relation to our operations.
If you want to learn more about Port Waratah or provide some feedback you can do this by:
- Calling the 24-hour community enquiry line
- Writing us an email or letter
- Requesting a face-to-face meeting with a representative of Port Waratah
- Reading our Community Newsletters
- Attending our Quarterly Community Terminal Meetings
- Participating in our biennial community telephone survey.